1. Watch three videos found in the Reading & Study for this week, taking notes using the study guides provided.
2. Based on what you learn, write a PSA (public service announcement) to help older adults (parents, employers, pastors, etc.) understand emerging adults. Use these questions to organize your thoughts about emerging adulthood:
• Who are they? Define general characteristics.
• What are they doing? What developmental tasks are generally a part of this life stage (hint: think about Erikson’s theory).
• What are their major concerns?
• Which presentation provides the best advice? Why do you believe this is so?
The World Bank’s Logistics Performance Index (LPI) assesses the trade logistics environment and performance of countries. Locate the aggregated LPI ranking at https://lpi.worldbank.org/.
1. What components for each country are examined to construct the index?
2. Identify the top 10 logistics performers.
3. Prepare an executive summary highlighting the key findings from the LPI.
4. How are these findings helpful for companies trying to build a competitive supply chain network?
What is an interactive campaign?
Interactive advertising uses online or offline interactive media to communicate with consumers and to promote products, brands, services, and public service announcements, corporate or political groups.
What your team will submit:
What does your interactive campaign look like?
Mock up the experiential or guerilla campaigns. Include how your audience interact with these experiences.
Mock up the webpage or app related to the campaign.
What you have to have:
At least one experiential or guerrilla experience
One website/landing page mockup or app mockup
Humanistic Therapy(n.d.). Psychology Today. Retrieved from https://www.psychologytoday.com/us/therapy-types/humanistic-therapy
Who is an Existential-Humanistic Therapist? (n.d.). Psychology Today. Retrieved from https://www.psychologytoday.com/us/blog/authentic-engagement/201810/who-is-existential-humanistic-therapist
Substance Abuse and Mental Health Services Administration: Center for Substance Abuse Treatment. (2012). Brief interventions and brief therapies for substance abuse. In Treatment improvement protocol series (34). Retrieved from https:// www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/books/NBK64939/
Watch the video lecture and answer 10 of the following questions.
What are the basic neurological systems relevant for the science of meditation?
What are the three different kinds of mindfulness exercises discussed in the lecture?
What is the default mode network?
What did Farb et al’s 2007 study involve and what did they find?
What are the 4 mind states or brain activity modes that occur during mindfulness of breath practice?
What does research suggest the practice of Focused attention to the breath do in terms of increase and decrease in brain region activities?
Explain what are emotions and give an example from your own experience (different from the one in the video) including the 4 elements outlined in the definition of emotion.
What do clinical studies suggest with regards to the emotional effects of mindfulness practice?
Describe Paul Gilbert’s Conceptualization of emotions and explain how mindfulness practices train the brain to respond to emotions.
What are the neural effects of mindfulness practice?
What is involved in our “habit of suffering” and how can mindfulness help change them? Give an example from your own practice so far
What did Richie Davidson’s study involve and what were the findings?